1. Google is now using a site's mobile friendliness as a ranking signal.
2. You can see if your site passes the test by entering your URL here.
3. The update will only effect search results when a user performs a search on a mobile smartphone, not tablets.
4. Some might notice changes today, while others may take a few weeks.
5. Your site does not necessarily have to be "responsive", though that is the mobile friendly format Google prefers.
We've rounded up a few news sources that are loaded down with information on this major algorithm update for you to browse through. Hopefully this should help clear up any questions you may have.
In the meantime, we are confident that here at Pixel Perfect we were prepared for this change, and will continue to work with our clients on ensuring their sites' compatibility.
Search Engine Land: Mobilegeddon Checklist
Search Engine Journal: Mobilegeddon is Here
Search Engine Journal: Worldwide Reaction to Mobilgeddon
The Economist: Mobilegeddon
Was this as big of a deal as news sources were making it out to be? Maybe, maybe not. We think it truly just depended on whether or not you were prepared. Staying up to date on the ever evolving world of digital marketing is once again more important than ever.
*image via Search Engine Land